I’ve written a lot of posts a long the lines of “theme update” because I love designing and developing new themes for my blog. With this latest theme I’ve added a couple more design features that I feel have improved the feel of this website a lot.
Here’s what I’ve done in this new theme:
- Employed a very clean theme with lots of padding and spacing.
- I’ve used subtle textured backgrounds for the background and headers.
- I’m using sIFR for my headings, this means I can use custom fonts.
- The colours and themes are similar to Clear:Both for a universal house style.
- I’ve emphases the comments section inside of posts.
- The number of comments for a post is displayed on the homepage.
- I’m now using page numbers for navigation through this blog.
That’s all well and good, however the design is not perfect. Older posts that were designed when I used wide content areas which have large pictures/videos embedded into them may look out of place and may push the sidebar down, so those posts need to be edited.
That’s about it for the web developing side of my life; I’ve been really busy lately so I’ve been unable, (and unmotivated), to post on my blog so I apologise for that however I may be posting a blessay within the next week because a lot has happened lately.
Update 11th March 2010
I’ve got a few things fixed since yesterday; I’ve fixed the latest posts that were set to work with the old wider theme so now nothing should be pushed off the edge of the page. I’ve also now made the theme compatible with Internet Explorer 6 so that’s all sorted. I’ve fixed an issue that caused page numbers to appear on single posts and pages.
Oh and I’ve also changed the headings to gracefully download for visitors who don’t have Flash, (which isn’t many, but it effects iPhones). Speaking of iPhones I’ve activated this wonderful plugin that makes my blog beautiful and specifically made for the iPhone Safari browser which uses AJAX to make it work brilliantly.
Even though I have fixed a lot of errors, there may still be some bugs around that I have missed, (most likely ones connected to Internet Explorer 6), so if you don’t find any bugs then please do post a comment and I’ll get it fixed as soon as I can.
Hopefully see you soon, Steven; Administrator.